The Minnesota Association of School Administrators is pleased to sponsor the MASA Outstanding
Central Office Leader Award, presented each spring in recognition
of exemplary school leadership by
non-superintendent MASA members who are Central Office Administrators exhibiting a willingness
to risk, possessing strong communications skills, who are progressive change agents, and who have
high expectations for self and others. Two awards will be presented annually: one from greater
Minnesota (Regions 1-8) and one from the metro area (Region 9).
1. The awards will be presented at the MASA Spring Conference.
2. Each recipient will receive a recognition plaque.
3. A news release will be distributed to pertinent media in the coverage area of the recipient.
1. Nominees may be self-nominated or nominated by another
member of MASA.
2. Nominations must be made on the official MASA form available through the MASA office by January 9.
3. The MASA Executive Committee and the Central Office Component Group Representative(s) to the Board of Directors will comprise the committee that selects the annual recipients.
1. The recipients must be current active or associate members of
the Minnesota Association of School Administrators.
2. The recipients must be in a non-superintendent central office leadership role at the time of selection.
3. The recipients must have demonstrated exemplary professional and organizational leadership in their central office role.
4. The recipients must have demonstrated active involvement in educational and community affairs.
5. The recipients must be regarded as a role model by MASA colleagues.
Past Outstanding Central Office Leader Award Recipients:
Barb Knudsen, Executive Director of Teaching & Learning, Lakeville Area