MASA Distinguished Service Award
MASA has periodically selected recipients to receive the MASA Distinguished Service Award.
The award is presented at the MASA Spring Conference.
The recipient of the Distinguished Service Award will:
1. Have a positive history/association with Minnesota public education. This history/association may be directly tied to the
learning process such as practicing administrator, teacher, etc. OR indirectly such as legislator, professional organization
employee, member of the media, etc.
2. Have contributed/participated in activities that improve Minnesota’s public education system on a statewide basis.
3. Have a reputation as a person that willingly goes the extra mile.
1. Any member of MASA may nominate a person for this award using the MASA nominating form.
2. Nominations must be made by January 9 of the year the award is to be made.
3. A committee of MASA past presidents will review the nominations and recommend a recipient or recipients to the
Board of Directors.
1. The award will be made at the MASA Spring Conference.
2. The recipient will be presented with an individual plaque and certificate.
3. A news release will be distributed to pertinent media in the coverage area of the recipient(s).
Will have a positive history/association with Minnesota public education. This history/association may be directly tied to
2014 Arne Carlson