Kay Jacobs was the Assistant Superintendent for the Mahtomedi Schools at the time of her death in an auto accident, in March 1979. She was a four-year MASA member, serving on the Legislative Committee and as Chair of Management Concerned for Public Education. In January, 1979, the MASA President appointed her to serve on the Metropolitan Ad Hoc Legislative Committee, working with the Minnesota School Boards Association.
This Award is presented at the Annual Spring Conference.
1. Must have demonstrated the attributes of leadership and involvement in MASA and other educational organizations as did Kay E. Jacobs prior to her death.
2. Must be an active or associate female member of the Minnesota Association of School Administrators.
3. Must have five years or less of central office experience.
1. Individuals may nominate themselves or be nominated by any MASA member.
2. Applications must be filed by January 9 on the approved nomination form.
3. The Executive Committee will review the nomination form which may be accompanied by a
maximum of three (3) letters of support and select the recipient no later than February 1.
4. The recipient will be contacted prior to Spring Conference.
1. The award will be presented during the MASA annual Spring Conference.
2. A large plaque with an engraving of Kay Jacobs, listing each winner, will be displayed in the
President’s Conference Room of the MASA office.
3. The recipient will receive a smaller plaque.
4. A news release will be distributed to pertinent media in the coverage area of the recipient
Past Kay E. Jacobs Award Recipients
2013 Jean Lubke