MCPE is MASA’s political action committee and is independent of any state or national political party. MASA’s regular revenue dollars (such as dues) cannot be used for lobbying, yet political activities are extremely important in influencing the policymaking process. Your participation in MCPE:
• Strengthens the role of school administrators as supporters of education in the political process.
• Establishes a liaison with other educational organizations.
• Stimulates active participation of MASA members in politics.
• Provides research and information on educational issues.
• Increases visibility of school administrators and their specific educational concerns.
• Facilitates communication about proposed legislation and how we can respond.
• Gives school leaders a presence with legislators and legislative caucuses.
• Supports materials on how to work effectively with the community, legislators and other policy-makers.
• Sponsors direct contact with legislators and policy-makers concerning the impact of proposed legislation.